Sunday, February 27, 2011

PRC License Renewal

I recently renewed my already expired PRC License last February 23, 2011. My license expired last January 15 and I was worried I was going to pay a lot because it's more than a month overdue. I went to PRC in the afternoon and the process was smooth and there were less people than it is in the morning.

RENEWAL PROCESS

PHOTOCOPY
First thing you do before you go to PRC Iloilo is to photocopy your license twice(2) because photocopying it there would cost you more (Php 2.00 per page). After arriving at PRC, pay Php 70.00 at their "Multi-Purpose Cooperative Canteen" for the pictures. I think they won't accept pictures from outside sources because the picture I got had a PRC logo embedded in it. The picture usually takes 15-30 minutes before it becomes available.

PICTURE TAKING
After you get the pictures (4 copies), go to the information counter and ask for a renewal form (blue form). Fill up this form completely and the information you need to fill up here includes:

  • Date Filed
  • Profession
  • License Number
  • Citizenship
  • Date of Exam
  • Date of Registration
  • Date Expired
  • Date of Birth
  • Home Address
  • Application type (check box)
  • Name (of course)
  • and Signature
FILLING UP THE FORM


Don't forget that when you fill up the form, use a black pen and write in PRINT. You can actually get this blue form before having your picture taken so you can fill it up while waiting. 

After completing the forms and pictures, glue one passport-sized picture on the blue form (Glue is readily available at the photocopiers, I just asked for some). Ask for a number to window 5 or 6 and wait in line, be a professional. At these windows, a PRC employee will fill-up the other parts of the blue form and she'll tell you to photocopy this completed form twice(2). 

PAYMENT
After getting two copies, go back to the information counter and ask for a number to the cashier. Pay Php 450.00 if you filed your renewal on time, if not, pay the surcharge of Php 30.00 for every month of delay. That's discipline for being irresponsible as a professional. Good thing I only payed Php 30.00. 

FINAL WINDOW
You are now on your last step of the renewal process. Now go back again to the information counter and ask for a number to window 13. Just submit all the required papers and wait for your license. Waiting time is 3 to 4 months, welcome to the Philippines.

CONCLUSION
It took me less than an hour to process my renewal so here's my advice: 
  • Process your renewal early to avoid surcharges of Php 30.00 per month of delay
  • Process your license renewal in the afternoon
  • Photocopy your license twice(2)
  • Bring a good black ball-point pen (Sign pens not allowed)
  • Bring some glue, the photocopying man might run out of supply
  • Bring some music player, it gets boring inside there
  • Bring a comb and some make-up if you plan to post your photo on Facebook
  • Don't forget - shorts, slippers, sleeveless, and spaghetti's are not allowed!
Copyright 2011 Notes on Hobbies | PRC License Renewal

36 comments:

  1. Is there any exemption for renewal of professional license of an OFW license architect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too i am OFW and my license was expired last Nov. 2011.

      Delete
    2. me too I am OFW and my PRC license was expired last Nov. 2011.

      Delete
  2. ask lang po panu po pag my namaling fill up s form.mapa2ncn pu kaya ng taga prc un.tnx po x reply.kapapasa q plng po kc mgkakaproblema po b ng malaki un.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there will be a big problem as long as clear pinalit mo na information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. un pong prc n0. Po yata ung namali.im n0t sure po.wg naman po xna ganun kalaking prob. Dulot nun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok lang ba 3 months before the expiration date magrenew ng license/thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Diana ok lang...6 months na nga ngayon before mo makuha ang iyong lisensya (in Iloilo).

    ReplyDelete
  7. wala bang 1 day processing?yung makuha kaagad after nag file???3 years na xpired license ko..may idea ka ba kung magkano ang penalty??THNX

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a 1 day processing in PRC Main office in Manila but in the provinces it takes 6 months (depends on the profession). The penalty back when I processed it last year was 30 pesos per month after expiry of your license.

    ReplyDelete
  9. goodpm..ok lng ba kung hndi dala ang original license?photocopy lang?

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, they never looked for it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Electronics EngineerNovember 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM

    Pwede nman po hindi kayo magparenew ng licensed nyo as long as d kailangan sa trabaho nyo..

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Electronics Engineer: Practicing your profession without a license is a crime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sir how bout 2006 pa po expired license ko then 3 years later ngwork ako abroad..then i want it to renew pag-uwi next year 2013 malaki kya po ang penalty...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just don't know lang pag matagal na expired, basta policy nila is 30 pesos per month of delay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. good day po..as licence teacher..d ko po ngmit licence ko at nag expired to 2009 until now d ko po marenew..by 2014 pmkkpagrenew pag uwi ng pinas..2011 lng po me ngstart as ofw..un po bng whole 5yr ang bbyaran..tnks po.

    ReplyDelete
  16. good day po.. i would like to ask.. last time i had my license renewed at prc cebu.. right now i'm based in bacolod city.. is it possible for me to renew my license at prc iloilo instead of in prc cebu? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I guess you'll have to pay them all if it follows the 30 pesos/month of delay. and yes, you can renew your license here in Iloilo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, is it okay to renew my license in the afternoon around 3pm? My shift ends at 2:30 and I only have 3-5 pm available time. I have my license expired last August 2009 and I'm planning to renew it within this month. Could you please tell me how much is the total penalty for this? So I could also prepare enough amount of money before coming to PRC office. Thank you so much. I'll wait for your soonest answer. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Jovelyn Delima, I'm not quite sure as this post was still 2 years ago. But I think you're looking at around Php 1,500. I don't know PRC's new process as they seem to be changing their methods every now and then. If PRC is near you, you can try to be there around 3 PM. I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. my license will expire on October 21, 2013, i-allow kaya ako ng PRC na mag renew before October? Mga august or september kya, payagan kaya nila ko?

    ReplyDelete
  21. my license will expire on October 21, 2013, i-allow kaya ako ng PRC na mag renew before October? Mga august or september kya, payagan kaya nila ko?

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Mai Varilla, yes, ideally dapat mag renew ka dapat before mag expire or else you'll be practicing without a license.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, ask ko lang po sana kasi im planning to renew my PRC Nurse License kaso nasa abroad ako...1year na expired and gawa lang ako SPA then im gonna ask my bro to do the procedure...may mga requirements pa ba maliban sa picture and money (and SPA ofcourse)...first time ko kasi magrerenew and auku nman mahassle sya sa mga requirements....thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi good day po!...ask ko lang po sana kung may iba pang requirements kapag magpaparenew ng prc nurse license other than pictures and money (+SPA for my case)...like CNE hours?...nasa abroad po xe ako and 1year na expired prc ko.. maliban sa 390pesos na penalty may renewal fee pa po ba?...thanks a lot....i dont want to cause trouble to my bro pagdating nya sa prc so i have to make sure everything na kelangan nya meron ako....thanks ulit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Rachelle Anne Fidel: Renewal fee po back then was 450 pesos pero di ko na alam ngayon...SPA lang siguro aside sa other requirements on this page. although I can't assure your brother because changes can be made without prior notice. if you'd like, your brother can go to SM City Malls and ask there on how to have a PRC license renewed. SM offers renewals nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  26. paano po if irereNew ung license nang friend from abroad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have your friend send you an authorization letter stating to have you process his/her ID renewal on his/her behalf.

      Delete
  27. ask ko lang may engineer license will expire 3 years..how much is the penalty ang surcahrge..any idea pleaseeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penalty is Php 20-30 per month expired. So around Php 1,080 kung 3 years nang expired ang license mo.

      Delete
  28. Hi ask lng ako if pwede ba ako mkapagrenew license q sa PRC Iloilo even na as PRC cebu ako ngparegister? Tnx

    ReplyDelete