Sunday, January 16, 2011

My 23rd Birthday - A Day Full of Surprises and Love!

January 15, 2011 - The date of my 23rd birthday.

Today, I celebrated my 23rd birthday here in Iloilo. There was no party or food but my birthday was still complete thanks to people who care for and love me. I wish I could have spent it in Aklan together with Ati-atihan festival but certain circumstances like a busy schedule would not permit it to happen. Still, it was a happy birthday and I could not ask for more.

The celebration started yesterday at work with my colleagues at lunch. We just ate pork barbecue, chooks-to-go, and brazos de mercedes for dessert. Then in the evening, videoke time with Sir Fred, Sir Bryan, Ma'am Analyn, Sir Dominic, and of course - KAYE. Videoke for Filipinos is always fun and with these bunch of guys, fun is FUN!!!

January 15 finally came and I was greeted by many of my friends, classmates from college and high school, and relatives. I also would like to mention that my sister Justicia II has the same birth date as mine. I wonder if my parents did it on purpose or a mere coincidence. What's makes it more of a coincidence is she brought her out of this world through a normal spontaneous delivery. Nice one mommy and daddy!

I wasn't expecting any gifts today but everything came to a surprise when my other half Kaye Panizales gave me three things I really like and are very useful. She said she needed help with something heavy. I came to the room and poof, out of nowhere there was a computer chair there with a cake on top. This is one of the best surprises I've got in my life. (The other unforgettable surprise is the time when my dad came home one early morning with a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" watch. Thanks dad for that unforgettable gift. )

She really got me this time as I was never expecting it. I also received a V-neck Hanes Tshirt from Tita Lucy and Tito Roy - Kaye's Parents. The cake was awesome and my favorite flavor too - chocolate. Kaye and I spent the rest of the afternoon having dinner. Then she also bought me a pair of shoes - another gift I didn't expect. I will be using it when I go on duty.

Thank you Lord for this wonderful birthday you gave me. Thank you for another year in my wonderful life. Thank you for the people who love me. Thank you to my father and mother who brought me into this world and raised me as I am today. Thank you to Kaye for always being there for me no matter what. Thank you Langga for always taking care of me and thank you for this wonderful birthday, if it wasn't for you it would be gloomy. There's nothing more I can ask for than your love for me couldn't give or accomplish. I wouldn't be the man I am now if I haven't met you. I love you!






















1 comment: