Thursday, September 1, 2011

ALPHAS and SUITS - A New TV Series

 I have always been a fan of US TV shows but the first TV series that got me hooked into TV series marathons was when I got introduced to Naruto. I've watched all episodes up until Naruto grew up to be a teenager. The episode took long before it aired so I lost interest. Now, there are a lot of new TV series out there and they can really be addictive. I'm also planning to put a page for all the movies I've watched including TV series.
 Right now, I'm currently hooked to a new TV series from Syfy and USA Network namely Alphas and Suits - funny how both of them are in plural form. Both these shows I've found out only when I was searching for the top 100 TV shows on thepiratebay.org. I was looking for series that are only in their first season so I can easily catch up with the story. It turns out, these two are pretty good and entertaining.

So let's start with the first one that caught my interest - ALPHAS. When I first saw the trailer on Youtube - Alphas Trailer by Syfy - I was thinking Heroes but in a more subtle way of superhuman powers. It's still science fiction but it is well worth believing their powers are results of certain boost in some of their body functions. It's like a combination of Heroes with CSI.

The show is about a group of people with superhuman abilities who are called Alphas. Alphas are human beings with superior capabilities compared to other human beings. They are not alien in nature but humans who have genes that have mutated and given them a boost in their regular bodily functions. There is one psychiatrist who heads the 5 Alphas and helps them to control their powers and discipline them to prevent abuse of their superhuman abilities. Their mission - to find other Alphas, help the Department of Defense in solving cases involving other Alphas.

The series has some bumps but all in all you will like it. The effects are great, the story is well thought of, and the history of the characters being unfolded will make you want to watch for more.

The next series which I thought was bad at first is called Suits. Suits is a legal drama from USA Network about the life of a college dropout. It features the story of one very intelligent guy with eidetic memory. Eidetic meaning he can recall what he has seen, heard, or read with extreme precision. His dream was to become a great lawyer but due to a cheating incident he was caught in, he was dropped out of school and his dreams evaporated.

One day, fate drove him to a lawyer's hiring interview and right there and then, his eidetic memory served him well. His new boss who will also act as his older brother got impressed and hired him. The thing I like most about their relationship is the way one gives advice to the other. They are like brothers even if they are not related in any case.

Suits also features a lot of humor, wit, and moral issues regarding law. I love to watch it because of it's life lessons, comedy, legality, and drama. A show full of interesting things to watch out for.

I'll be looking out for new episodes to these new shows because they can really entertain you and not leave you bored and learn nothing from it.

Copyright 2011 Notes on Hobbies | ALPHAS and SUITS - A New TV Series

1 comment:

  1. What's up, just wanted to mention, I liked this article. It was funny. Keep on posting!
    Feel free to visit my weblog - gry bijatyki

    ReplyDelete