Sunday, June 7, 2009

After effects

As I've said earlier, after effects is really an amazing program. I'd convince you to try it and you too will be amazed on what you could do with it. I think a lot of people will be discouraged the first time they see after effects because of its overwhelming array of tools that can get you thinking, "What now?". I got the overwhelmed and discouraged the first time I looked at after effects' interface but because I was amazed of what it could as to what I've seen in the net, I was really determined to learn about it.
So I started gathering the resources I needed and got all of them in the net. I started out at youtube, the most popular video resource of the net these days. I searched for after effects and a lot of results came back as I expected. I didn't know where to start so I clicked on one of the videos not knowing what to get. I didn't start out reading articles or help files because I hate reading especially if I'm reading from my monitor. It makes me sleepy in under 5 minutes of reading and dizzy in under 3 minutes. I'm also bored because if I'm reading, nothing moves or it's so dull but when I'm watching video tutorials or pictures, it makes learning after effects easier and more convenient.

There are a lot videos on youtube but the quality and contents are not as convincing and not as educational for me. I needed more. So I turned to yahoo's search engine(I prefer yahoo than google's because it's much easier for me to type). So in yahoo, I typed After effects tutorials and as usual millions came up. I looked at all the web pages that came up in page 1 of the search but found nothing convincing or worth it. So I looked further and I guess it was the 3rd set of results that got me lucky. That's also when I learned that if nothing good comes up in the first page, there are better things on the next results. I had the mentality that after I search, I only look at the first set of results and I don't look any further. So this experience told me, you won't always be lucky the first time around. Okay, so now I clicked a result with the website named videocopilot.net. It didn't hit my mind that this would be the site I'm looking for when I saw the site name. I couldn't see a resemblance with after effects but I didn't judge the site by it's cover so I looked further.

I was all smiles when I saw the tutorial videos especially the most recent post. So I started opening the tutorials and saw what I needed. I got hooked to this site and it was all about videocopilot after that. There are a lot of useful things at this site. The first thing I noticed about the tutorials, the guy talking/ teaching is not boring to listen to. He's like a professor in a classroom with interested students in him because he knows how to throw those punch lines out of nothingness. He know's when to joke around in the tutorial and when to get serious. His name is Andrew Kramer. I haven't looked at his profile yet but he's a great at making tutorials. So if ever you're interested in learning after effects I'd recommend you start out at his website and you'll be learning in no time. I'll stop right here because after a few weeks when I started with after effects, I lost interest because my computer is toooo slow to render my compositions. I just got interested again about 2-3 months ago from writing this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment