Friday, July 20, 2012

Upload Files to Dropbox Without Transferring the Files

Dropbox has recently been outmatched by the new Google Drive. Users have now switched to Drive due to it's large starting capacity but Dropbox has also made their move. I have not used Google Drive yet because I'm still satisfied with the way Dropbox works and almost all the PC's and Laptop where I work in have my Dropbox files in it.


The one thing I really would like to have is an option where you can just select the folder that you want to synchronize with and not have to transfer the files to the main Dropbox folder. This is now made possible by an open source program called the Dropboxifier. What it allows you to do is that it will give you the option what folders you want Dropbox to upload without having to transfer them to the Dropbox folder. You can find the software here.

After downloading the file, all you have to do is put it in the root folder of Dropbox and execute the file. A window will open where you will need to locate the original Dropbox location and choose what folders to sync too. See illustration below.

The biggest use of this for me is that I can upload my save game files onto my Dropbox account without having to transfer it to the Dropbox folder. This will be very convenient especially when I'm mobile and I want to play on my notebook. This way I won't have to copy and paste all the files from the PC to it's Dropbox folder and then copy it from the same folder on my Laptop to the Games saves folder.

Another thing to take note is it can not only be used with Dropbox but also with other Cloud services. If you're a mobile person and use many PC's, notebook, netbooks, and tablets, why not try using it? It's all for free.

Copyright 2012 Notes on Hobbies | Upload Files to Dropbox Without Transferring the Files

No comments:

Post a Comment